| Need prayer? | Previous
thoughts | Upliftment
| Hope for life | About
me | Facebook
PRACTICAL WAYS TO WALK IN LOVE
Yesterday we talked about love, loving and being loved.
We talked about God's love for us and our love for one another.
Today I want to share a few practical ways for us to walk in love. Choose just one today and practice it all through the day. Use it on every person you meet. Tomorrow you choose another one to practice, and so on.
This is by no means an exhaustive list. I encourage you to take some time and think of other practical ways to show God's love to those around you.
Here are the 20 ideas I came up with:
1. Put others
first, ahead of yourself. Stand back and let someone walk through the door
before you do. Or let another driver cut in ahead of you when traffic is
2. Serve. Volunteer to do the things no one else wants to do.
3. Be patient.
4. Be kind.
5. Do not begrudge others the blessings they have.
6. Don't be jealous.
7. Let others have their way.
8. Don't become irritated with others even when what they do usually irritates you.
10. Support and encourage others.
11. Stand up for those who are unable to stand up for themselves. Speak out for those who don't have a voice.
12. Don't give up on people. Continue to support them, help them and encourage them even when it gets difficult.
13. Always see the best in those around you.
14. Give generously - time, money, resources, friendship, encouragement, etc.
15. Remember to thank people.
16. Hug someone!
17. Give a compliment.
18. Write a note to someone you admire or to someone who has impacted your life.
19. Pray for others.
20. Listen when others speak and don't interrupt.
There you have my list of practical ways to walk in love. Which one will you
choose to practice today?